EnvironNaturalResources

Environment & Natural Resources

Designing and maintaining a strategically planned and managed green infrastructure network composed of natural areas, working lands, wildlife habitat and scenic views is critically important to help conserve ecosystem values and functions, and to provide associated benefits to our community.

The CCRPC’s main areas of work in this field include concentrating 80% of our future growth in 15% of our land area, thereby relieving growth pressure on the remaining 85% of the land area; protecting and improving water quality, particularly reducing phosphorus in Lake Champlain; reducing greenhouse gas emissions contributing to climate change and adapting to become more resilient to a changing climate; and reducing the County’s consumption of energy and reliance on non-renewable energy sources.

 

Environment & Natural resources Topics

Choose one of the topics below:


CONTACT

For more information, please contact Regina Mahony, CCRPC Planning Program Manager, at (802) 846-4490 x *28.