Regional Bike/Ped Plan
February 2017 – The final draft Regional Bicycle/Pedestrian Plan is available for public view. See below for details »
The Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission (CCRPC) is nearing completion on the update to the Regional Bicycle/Pedestrian Plan, otherwise known the Active Transportation Plan. Our current Plan was completed in 2008, a third iteration of Regional Bike/Pedestrian planning that began in 1993.
The overall objective of this project is to produce a region-wide Plan for existing and future bicycle and pedestrian facilities and programs that will serve as the active transportation element of the long-range Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP). When completed, the Plan will include recommended priority corridors, programs and policies to support active transportation (that is, walking, bicycling, running, scooting, etc.) in the region.
SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION ON:
A final draft plan with recommendations and a map is available for public view.
What’s being proposed for a regional network and programs?
Explore deeper with a high-resolution map.
Questions may be sent to Peter Keating at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In November 2015, the CCRPC wrapped up the first stage of public participation for this project. Public participation efforts included:
INTERACTIVE MAP TOOL
As a way for the public to easily provide comments, suggestions, likes and dislikes, we developed an online interactive map tool. The map of Chittenden County allowed you to easily comment on specific places, routes, obstacles, and more. Comments were accepted until November 1.
OCTOBER PUBLIC WORKSHOPS
We hosted a series of public workshops in October, 2015:
Thursday, October 22, 2015 – Milton, VT
- 5:00pm walk – Meet at the Milton Town Offices (43 Bombardier Rd)
- 5:45pm Active Transportation Workshop & pizza @ Town Offices
Friday, October 23, 2015 – Jericho, VT
- 5:30pm walk – Meet at the Jericho Town Offices (67 Vermont Route 15, Jericho)
- 6:15pm Active Transportation Workshop & pizza @ Town Offices
Saturday, October 24, 2015 – Hinesburg, VT
- 10am Bike Ride – Meet at Town Offices (10632 VT Route 116) for a 10am departure – Come experience what Hinesburg has to offer in terms of bike facilities during a 2.5-mile bike ride in the Village.
- 10:30am Active Transportation Workshop & snacks – Town Offices
Essex Junction, VT
- 2:30pm walk – Meet at the Board of Trustee Room (2 Lincoln Street) and join us for a walk around the area.
- 3:15pm Active Transportation Workshop & snacks – Board of Trustee Room (2 Lincoln Street)
For more information, please contact Peter Keating, CCRPC Senior Transportation Planner, at (802) 846 -4490 x *14.