Regional Emergency Management Committee
The Regional Emergency Management Committee (REMC) coordinates and supports regional all-hazards emergency planning and preparedness activities to improve the region’s ability to prepare for, respond to, and recover from all disasters. The REMC maintains a regional plan that helps coordination by providing regional contact information, lists regionally available resources, and mutual aid agreements.
The REMC coordinates with statewide emergency planning and has a seat on the Statewide Local Emergency Planning Committee, the Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (THIRA)/Stakeholder Preparedness Review (SPR), and the Integrated Preparedness Plan Workshop (IPPW).
Please note: As of June 21, 2021, all CCRPC Committee meetings are hybrid. Someone will be available at the CCRPC Office (110 West Canal Street, Suite 202, Winooski) for those who wish to attend in person. Details for joining meetings online are provided in every agenda.
Regional Emergency Management Committee meetings
- April 27, 2022, 9:00am | Agenda »
- January 19, 2022 | Meeting Presentation » | Meeting Notes (Draft) »
Regional Emergency Management Committee membership
The REMC meets quarterly and has the following membership.
- The local Emergency Management Director or designee
- One representative from each town/city/village in the region to be appointed by the town/city/village executive or legislative branch. This representative shall be a member of the local emergency services community
Voting members shall annually select a Chair and a Vice-Chair.
Nonvoting members may include representatives from the following organizations
- Fire departments
- Emergency medical services
- Law enforcement
- Regional Planning Commissions
- The Department of Health’s District Office
- The Division of Emergency Management
- Organizations serving vulnerable populations
- Any other interested public or private individual or organization
For more information, contact Christine Forde, CCRPC Senior Planner: email@example.com or (802) 846-4490 x 113