This page is under construction. Please visit a list of frequently asked questions below. If your question is not answered below or you wish to speak to someone directly, please contact us.



  • How can I make my voice heard on transportation issues?

    The most effective way to influence transportation planning is to attend CCRPC’s meetings. Board of Directors and Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC) meetings are held monthly, and other meetings are held as needed. All are open to the public and include opportunities for you to speak out.

  • Where can I find the dates and times of CCRPC meetings?

    Meeting notices appear in the Burlington Free Press, many local newspapers, and on our homepage. Past meeting minutes and agendas for our Board of Directors and TAC meetings may be found here:
    Board of Directors Agendas & Minutes »
    TAC Agendas & Minutes »

  • Who is involved in making transportation project decisions at the CCRPC?

    Decisions are made by our Board of Directors, which is comprised with a representative from each of Chittenden County’s 19 municipalities and a representative from the Vermont Agency of Transportation. Other representatives from the private sector, federal, state, and local agencies also serve on the Board of Directors, but do not vote on decisions.

  • How are transportation projects funded?

    The federal government provides most of the funding for transportation projects, with additional funding provided by state and local governments. The Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is the MPO’s document directing where funds are obligated to complete projects. Please also click here to view a table of Transportation Funding Sources.

  • How does land use affect transportation needs?

    Growth and development patterns strongly affect the costs and benefits of transportation improvements. For more information on this topic, we suggest you visit AASHTO’s resource on Land Use, which outlines this topic in detail.