The Town of
Richmond is located in the western foothills of the Green Mountains on the eastern edge of the Lake Champlain valley. The Winooski River bisects the town of 4,090 residents from east to west, as does Interstate 89, the New England Central Railway and U.S. Route 2. The Town, organized in 1794, is home of the Round Church, a 16-sided meetinghouse built in 1813 that is recognized as a National Historic Landmark.
Richmond Village Sidewalks Scoping Study
The Town of Richmond has made gains in its sidewalk network and now seeks to close three critical gaps in the network. This project is a scoping study for sidewalks within Richmond Village and areas adjacent to the village. The project would investigate extending existing facilities and connecting facilities that are currently unconnected. The goal of this project is to provide options to create vital pedestrian connections to community resources and commercial corridors within the village, as well as popular destinations outside the Richmond Village.
MORE ABOUT THE VILLAGE SIDEWALKS SCOPING STUDY »
richmond bike, walk & trails plan
The Town of Richmond seeks to create a master plan to guide the establishment of a full-fledged Complete Streets network. Project goals include identifying existing connections that can be incorporated into the future network, analyzing Town roads to determine their potential to be upgraded to accommodate multimodal traffic, and drafting conceptual designs for the adaptation of roads.
MORE ABOUT THE BIKE, WALK & TRAILS PLAN »
bridge street complete streets corridor study
The Town of Richmond, with assistance from CCRPC & VHB, sought to plan for walking and biking improvements to Bridge Street at three locations. The final report is posted on the project page.
MORE ABOUT THE BRIDGE STREET CORRIDOR STUDY »
- 2018 Richmond Town Plan »
- Vermont Route 2 Bicycle & Pedestrian Scoping Study »
- Richmond Transportation Plan »
- Bridge Street Bicycle & Pedestrian Feasibility Study »
- Camels Hump Middle School Short-Term Design Recommendations »
- Richmond Village Parking Study »
- All of our past Richmond planning studies can be found here »
Municipal Plan Review:
- Resolution approving municipal plan, confirming the planning process and granting a determination of energy compliance (CCRPC Board, 2019) »
- Review of the municipal plan (CCRPC Planning Advisory Committee, 2018) »
- Review of the municipal plan energy components (CCRPC Planning Advisory Committee, 2018) »