Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is a prioritized, fiscally-constrained, and multi-year list of federally-funded, multimodal transportation projects and operations in the CCRPC region: Chittenden County. Under federal law, the TIP must cover at least a four-year program of projects and be updated no less frequently than every two years.
In addition, projects in the TIP must be prioritized at the regional level and have clearly identified funding sources. All transportation projects, programs, and operations receiving federal funds in Chittenden County must be authorized through the CCRPC TIP process. The exception are federal airport funds for Burlington International Airport, which are not subject to the CCRPC’s prioritization process, but are listed in the TIP for information and coordination purposes.
SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE TIP:
WHAT DOES THE TIP DO?
The TIP authorizes the implementing agency (e.g., Vermont Agency of Transportation, Green Mountain Transit) to obligate federal funds for listed projects and operations over the next four federal fiscal years.
The first year of a duly-adopted and approved TIP constitutes an “agreed to” list of projects for implementation, provided that anticipated federal funds available to the region are available during that year.
The U.S. Department of Transportation must find that the TIP is based on a continuing, comprehensive transportation planning process carried out cooperatively by the State, the CCRPC, and transit operators. An open public participation process is a key element of the TIP development process.
MAKING CHANGES TO THE TIP
The CCRPC may revise the TIP at any time under procedures agreed to by the cooperating parties and consistent with procedures established for development of the TIP (23 CFR 450.324). The CCRPC’s current TIP amendment policy was adopted by the CCRPC Board on April 21, 2021.
- Current FY2022-2025 TIP » (Updated as of January 18, 2023; Includes Amendments FY22-01 to FY22-48 and FY23-01 to FY23-11)
- List of FY2022-2025 TIP Amendments » (Note: These amendments have been incorporated into the document linked above)
- FY2022-2025 TIP as Adopted by the CCRPC Commission on July 21, 2021 »
- FY2023-2026 TIP » (Adopted by CCRPC Commission on July 20, 2022 and Pending Approval from FHWA)
HISTORICAL TIP INFORMATION
- FY2020-2023 TIP »
- FY2020-2023 TIP Amendments »
- FY2019-2022 TIP »
- FY2019-2022 TIP Amendments »
- FY2018-2021 TIP »
- FY2018-2021 TIP Amendments »
- FY2017-2020 TIP »
- FY2017-2020 TIP Amendments »
- FY2016-2019 TIP »
- FY2016-2019 TIP Amendments »
- FY2015-2018 TIP »
- FY2015 TIP Amendments »
- FY2014-2017 TIP »
- FY2014 TIP Amendments »
- FY2013-2016 TIP »
- FY2013-2016 TIP Map »
showing the location, type, and year of implementation/construction of projects and operations in the FY2013-2016 TIP.
- FY2013 TIP Amendments »
- A new TIP was not adopted in FY2012. The FY2011-2014 TIP remained in effect through 30 Sep 2012.
- FY2011-2014 TIP (As Adopted) » | FY2011 TIP Amendments »
- FY2010-2013 TIP (As Adopted) » | FY2010 TIP Amendments »
- A new TIP was not adopted in FY2009. The FY2008-2011 TIP remained in effect through 30 Sep 2009.
- FY2008-2011 TIP (As Adopted) » | FY2008 TIP Amendments »
- FY2007-2010 TIP » | FY2007 TIP Amendments »
- FY2006-2008 TIP » | FY2006 TIP Amendments »
- A new TIP was not adopted in FY2005. The FY2004-2006 TIP remained in effect through 30 Sep 2005.
- FY2004-2006 TIP »
- FY2003-2005 TIP »
- FY2002-2004 TIP »
- FY2001-2003 TIP »
- FY2000-2002 TIP »
- FY1999-2001 TIP »
OBLIGATING FUNDS: ANNUAL LIST OF CHITTENDEN COUNTY PROJECTS FUNDED WITH FEDERAL FUNDS
Each year the CCRPC adopts a TIP, the region’s transportation spending plan for the next four years. Projects listed on the TIP may be amended throughout the year according to the CCRPC amendment procedures, if funding is available. When a project is ready for implementation, funds are set aside for that project. This process is known as obligating funds. If funds are not obligated by the end of the program year, they must be added to the TIP in future years, and be accommodated within the future year constraint limit.
For more information on the TIP, please contact Christine Forde, CCRPC Senior Transportation Planner, at (802) 846-4490 x 113.