VT 117 – North Williston Road Scoping Study
This study is one of several CIRC Alternative studies. The previous big picture Williston Essex Network Transportation Study (WENTS) identified this intersection as an area in need of a more detailed Scoping Study. This study looks at intersection alternatives to VT 117 and North Williston Road. In addition, it examines options to reduce the flooding frequency of North Williston Road between the Winooski River and VT 117. More details can be found below in the Scope of Work.
SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION ON:
An initial discussion with the Williston Selectboard described their concerns for the area. Numerous comments and concerns were also received via Front Porch Forum. All concerns, along with the expertise of the Study Team and project consultants, have led to the creation of several alternatives for addressing the issues.
Alternatives Presentation to Williston (October 7, 2013) and Essex (October 21, 2013) Selectboards
Alternatives Presentation – Public Meeting (September 4, 2013)
- Alternatives Presentation »
- Signalized Intersection Alternative »
- Raising the Road Alternative »
- Roundabout Alternative »
A STUDY TEAM CONSISTED OF:
- Dennis Lutz, Director of Public Works, Town of Essex
- Bruce Hoar, Director of Public Works, Town of Williston
- Derek Lyman, Traffic Design Engineer, VTrans
- Nick Wark, Hydraulics Engineer, VTrans
- Rebecca Pfeiffer, Floodplain Manager, VT DEC
- Amy Bell, Planning Coordinator, VTrans
- Richard Hosking, District Project Manager, VTrans
- Lucy Gibson, Project Manager, DuBois & King
- RuthAnne Daniels, Design Engineer, DuBois & King
- Matt Murawski, Senior Hydrologist, DuBois & King
- Michele Boomhower, Assistant/MPO Director, CCRPC
- Jason Charest, Senior Transportation Planning Engineer, CCRPC
For more information, please contact Jason Charest, CCRPC Senior Transportation Planning Engineer, at (802) 846-4490 x *32.