The CCRPC provides a wide range of technical assistance to member municipalities and partner agencies. Many activities are performed on an as-requested basis while others are included as part of our UPWP (annual work program). Contact the staff member identified in the specific programs below for more information, or Bryan Davis at (802) 846-4490 *17 to learn more about the UPWP.
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
- Traffic Counts | The CCRPC can conduct both manual and automatic counts for vehicles as well as bicycle and pedestrians. This data is used for local projects and in the regional transportation model. For more information, contact Chris Dubin at (802) 846-4490 x *12.
- Traffic Control Warrant Analysis | The CCRPC can help municipalities assess whether or not an intersection meets the necessary criteria for a traffic control device. Contact Sai Sarepalli at (802) 846-4490 x *16 for more information. Click here to access all studies in our online library.
- Technical Assistance Studies | The CCRPC has resources available for municipalities to examine smaller scale transportation issues, complete bicycle/pedestrian plans, assist with project development and coordination, update previous studies and more. Contact Bryan Davis at (802) 846-4490 x *17 to learn more. Click here to access the Technical Assistance studies in our online library.
- Safety Studies | The CCRPC works with municipalities and VTrans to address roadway safety issues through programs such as the High Risk Rural Roads and Road Safety Audit Reviews. Contact Sai Sarepalli at (802) 846-4490 x *16 for more information. Click here to view a list of Safety studies in our online library.
- Aerial Imagery and Digital Terrain Models | The CCRPC continues to work with Vermont Center for Geographic Information (VCGI) to obtain high resolution aerial orthoimagery for Chittenden County. For more information, please contact Pam Brangan at (802) 846-4490 x *22.
- Signage Inventories | The CCRPC is available to assist municipalities in updating or completing an inventory of transportation signage. For more information, contact Chris Dubin at (802) 846-4490 x *12.
- Traffic Signal Optimization | To get the most out of traffic signals, the CCRPC can help municipalities with the maintenance, upgrades, timing adjustments, and miscellaneous efforts to improve traffic signals and keep traffic moving. Contact Jason Charest at (802) 846-4490 x *32 for more information.